Goosebumps and Fear Street Book Series by R.L. Stine Review

Goosebumps and Fear Street Book Series by R.L. Stine Review Looking back on my early reading years, I always split my time between Ra...

Goosebumps,Book,review

Goosebumps and Fear Street Book Series by R.L. Stine Review

Looking back on my early reading years, I always split my time between Ramona and Goosebumps. I must say, with the minds eyes of a child, Goosebumps never gave me Goosebumps. They did kill a lot of time and a lot of people. This was the second children book series that I read on a regular basis. They had a decent collection in Jack D. Gordon. Its funny, I can only remember the first book of Goosebumps that I ever read. It was about a green Goo monster. Saying it out loud, I realize that it is the stupidest thing I ever read. However, for a kids book it was not half bad.



I remember that there was also a few Fear Street books in the school library. These books where in higher demand in the school library. The violence was a bit more hype up. Plus, the target audience was teenagers. These books where the first ones I attempted to read in English. My ESOL teacher from Primary school was a bit of a jerk. I never bothered to learn her name. She was one of those blonde chicks that have the knack of looking at you as if you where garbage. I think they where forcing her to do ESOL. It turns out that you cannot choose what classes you teach at school. You take what is available.

In any case, she gave me a terrible book named Animal Farm. She imagined that it would remind me of home considering that it was a satire to communist. I frankly did not find it funny. I found it offensive. In any case, I traded the book for a Fear Street novel. What is hilarious is that I had to write a report on Animal Farm. Needless to say, I blended both stories together into a half intelligible, hilarious chimera. For such fond memories, both Fear Street and Goosebumps deserves 5 star rating.

Fear,Street,books

Related

series 1318899478003357036

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item