Final Fantasy X Anime Game Review

Final Fantasy X Anime Game Review Today, I am going to blog about Final Fantasy X. I frankly find this game to be the most depressing...

Tidus,ffx,anime

Final Fantasy X Anime Game Review

Today, I am going to blog about Final Fantasy X. I frankly find this game to be the most depressing of the entire series of Final Fantasy games. With Sin hovering about, Final Fantasy X creates an air of doom and gloom. I liked the beginning a lot. The Bahamut kid really freaked me out the first time I saw him. You know, I did not noticed him much, until I discovered his secret identity. He had a knack for blending into the background of the flashbacks. The second time I played the game I kept my eye on him. Anyhow, the blitzball game of the "future" was really something else. A perfect way for introducing the final boss. At first I thought that Aaron was controlling Sin. However, he was just giving the signal to pick up Tidus.




Bahamut,anime,ffx

The source of the monsters in this game ,at leastd made some sense. They are simply poltergeist gone wild. I noticed that in FF9 and FF8 the Square Enix people started explaining the origin of species. Monsters are not just there for the hell of it. They have been explaining the origin of these monsters for two games already. However, it seems they grew bored of an explanation around Final Fantasy XII. Well it was a new development to say the least. Considering Sin's constant rampaging it is no wonder that Spira is overflowing with monsters. I liked also the mystery of Maester Mika. That old coot has been in power for millenniums. People just don't seem to want to stay dead in this game. Even a sending cannot keep you dead forever. You remember? Maester Seymour Guado's daddy got out of hell just to warn Yuna. I know he lives in the farplane, however the scenery around him looks like the hell of the farplane.


anima,cool,wallpaper

Speaking of Maester Seymour, his Anima was freaking awesome. Super scary monster. I remember that in one file I let him summon Anima. Most of the time I slew him before the battle got out of hand. His battles where always most mysterious. I do so love the song of the last battle with Maester Seymour. Its too bad you cannot get a music sphere for it. I think it was pretty neat how they let you get memory spheres for the movie scenes and the music. I only seen this done in this Final Fantasy game. Then again, they make a big deal out of memory spheres in this game. Jetch and Yuna's confessions where recorded in memory spheres. Its amassing how they managed to go through an entire game without saying "Tidus". Its a good thing they stopped letting you name the main characters. With sound it becomes rather inconvenient. You know, when I first met Wakka I was a bit annoyed at not being able to change his name. I later reasoned that it was so due to sound.

Yuna,sending,ff10

What I really found creative was the sending. Walking on water is so freaking awesome. They only made one movie for the first official sending. The dancing, the spirits, the blue flames,  the music and the sunset created the perfect mood. It was truly wonderful. I never seen anything like it before. This made me understand once again why this game series is called Final Fantasy. These games shows the best of the best from the fantastic worlds. Then again, I can only judge things based on the games that followed Final Fantasy VII. Aw... that game was awesome. In my opinion, Final Fantasy X was almost as good as Final Fantasy VII. It was close, but not quite. However, it lost me when it came to the chocobo side quest. It was really annoying. So much trail and error just to get a Sigil; or was it a crest? Still, it at least made Tidus weapon powerful.

Cactuar,anime,wallpaper

Speaking of Sigils and Crest, the side quests to get those things where really annoying. Seriously, it was almost impossible to get the item for Lulu. It is impossible to dodge so much lightning in a roll. My, how I wasted hours in that mission. Eventually, I simply called it quits and created a new weapon for Lulu from scratch. Although, it cannot compare to the complete form of her Magical Cactuar. Speaking of Cactuars those little guys are perfect for leveling up. Super elusive little buggers. Very cute as well. I been thinking that this game, for the most part is straight forward. There are very limited places one can go in this game. You can unlock a few places with the airship. However, there is really no such thing as a world map.

yojimbo,anime,wallpaper

Along the weirdest places I visited was the Omega ruin. They had some freaky fossil monsters. Super killer beings.What was strange was how pumped up Omega's shadow was. Seriously, that Ultimate Weapon was the prelude to some serious business. Speaking of powerful monsters, the one in the lake that almost ate Tidus was pumped up. However, the battle I most enjoyed was the one with Yojimbo. That fight had a lovely sound track. It was in this battle the one and only time that I saw his overdrive. Yojimbo was Gilgamesh replacement. It seems he did not improve Square Enix's credit ratings. He did not became a regular summon monster like Shiva or Ifrit.

In any case, he is my favorite Aeon. That is a great name for a summon monster. Think about it, those beings have been in the game for Aeons. To be honest, I had a love hate relationship with Yojimbo. For most of the game I hated him because I had to keep paying him after the first 300,000 gils. Why can't he fight for the price of chicken wings?  What can an Aeon do with money? Plus, I never got to see his Zanpato. He probably left it back in the soul society (or as they like to call it, The Farplane). Most of the time, I just used him as a sheild.

Sin,Jetch,anime

One time, I sorta took too long to defeat Sin. I am referring to the Sin stage just before entering the inside of Sin. In any case, it was the first time I allowed this Sin to use overdrive. I was half taking forever, half curious. As usual, when this eventualities occurred, I would summoned Yojimbo. Out of spite, I would use Yojimbo as a shield. I figured that with all that dodging and defense he would be able to withstand Sin's overdrive. As I saw the light at the end of the tunnel,  I kept saying to myself, "Don't worry Yojimbo will take care of it". It turns out that there are some things that Yojimbo just can't dodge. Hehehehehe. That was a terrible defeat. Anyhow, I made peace with Yojimbo when he started taking away more than 9,999. Plus, his evade and counter saved me a few gils. 


You know, I liked almost everything about the game except for the second part of this game. I used to enjoy the Final Fantasy  games specifically because they did not have second parts. Second parts are a death trap. For this reason, Kingdom Hearts avoid the even numbers of the series. Usually, the second parts of that game are the 3rd parts or 5th parts. Good strategy. In, any case the second part of this game was a real eyesore. I played it from beginning to end twice. Mostly, because Vednagun was an interesting concept. I liked how he functioned via the organ. Truly, he was quite original if everything else sucked.

YRP,anime,ffx

 However, the bane of my existence was the YRP dream team. We went from having an army of characters to just the same boring trio. Still, the spheres gave them varied powers straight out of Sailor Moon. However, the thing that really annoyed me was the disappearance of the sphere system. Leveling up was normalized in this game. I truly did enjoy the possibility of making your character Ultra Powerful via training. Now, training became pointless. 100 levels is so 20th century. Plus, the blitzball game became just a game of chance. Between you an me, I will pretend that game never was. As for as Final Fantasy X world is concerned, FFX-2 never happened!!! Second parts are just a stupid way of milking a game for all its worth. I suppose I cannot blame them for making the best out of this amassing game. However, if I where them I would simply remake with better graphics the classics of Final Fantasy 7 through 9. In any case, Final Fantasy X deserves 5 star rating.

Final,Fantasy,series

Related

undead 6983641814456592279

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item