Final Fantasy IX Anime Game Review

Final Fantasy IX Anime Game Review Today, I am going to review Final Fantasy IX. This game is more of a return to the traditional Fin...

Final,Fantasy,IX

Final Fantasy IX Anime Game Review

Today, I am going to review Final Fantasy IX. This game is more of a return to the traditional Final Fantasy games. Originally, Final Fantasy was more medieval. Still, the Invincible and planet Terra are a bit more high tech. I have not played this game as much as the others. I got this game after FFX. Thus, I have not discovered everything about it. I did start a new file recently. It seems all Final Fantasy games have a lil bit of lovy dovy around the edges. Our main character, Zidane, has fallen in love with a princess. It is interesting that in this game they encourage thievery. When the main character is a thief, then it is required for you to use his abilities. In most battles, I had to load whenever I failed to get everything. It certainly helps to make the boss battles last for an eternity or two.




ff9,treno,anime

You know, my characters are usually over trained. Due to thievery, we obtain early the Level Ups weapons. Plus, I kinda slew the characters that where not permanent (the Tantalus pals of Zidane and Beatrix) . They sorta take bites out of main characters EXP points. Leveling up is not like in Final Fantasy VIII where everyone gets an equal share. If you kill an ally you get his EXP. This game has some pretty weird monsters. I remember I once got attacked by a pirate ship that had little legs. I think that monster was called Armstrong. Pretty weird. The scenery here is just as lovely as in the other Final Fantasy games. This is the last Final Fantasy game that had a true world map. The places you could go to are very limited in the early part of the game. However, you can get pretty far on a chocobo. In my newest file, I gotten pretty good at finding treasure with Choco.


chibi,chocobo,ff9

The card game in Final Fantasy IX is truly a big waste of time. You are better off training your Chocobo. At least with him, you can find some treasure that will help you win the game. To be honest, I was really freaked out the first time Choco had an audience with the Big Fat King Chocobo. That Chocobo Heaven or Paradise, I forget, was really strange. I do remember that there where some killer meteor throwing sheep inside the forest of the Island. Those sheep are something else. Lets see... other monsters that where fun... I did like the friendly monsters. The ones that kept asking for ores or sapphires. They certainly helped to level up your skills. There is also the weird true or false clown. Freaky!!


ff9,chocobo,vivi

I am not certain sometimes who is the main character. I am between Vivi or Zidane. I know that in this game they where testing the market of killing a main character. Zidane almost died one time. Still, he has gotten around pretty well without his soul. That was another freaking thing that happened in Terra. I liked best the weird place where we hear the story of Terra. I forget what it was called. We where running errands for Kuja in that place. There where some freaky mirror monsters that turned into a random main character. If that chibi was present he was a goner. Pretty cool if you ask me. No other monster like it have I seen in any Final Fantasy game I played thus far. I think we fought Ark in that place. How does a whole Airship fit in one small place. I think Ark was a failed prototype for the Invincible. That is such a cool name for an airship/ Eidolons.  Plus, his abilities where something else. Not just anything can slay or tame a God / Eidolons.

ff9,Kuja,anime

I do so love how they mentioned over the top the Final Boss. It is such a pity that it wasn't Kuja. Then again, Kuja was fun up until he felt his clock tickling. He used to recite poems before he grew desperate. Well, I suppose being near death kinda makes us all desperate. Speaking of death, this game for all its sweet looks had a high kill ratio. Seriously, within the storyline a lot of people died. Lets see, most of the people from Burmecia, Clerya, Limblund, Alexandria, Maiden Sairi (2 survivors) and the Mage Village. Seriously, that Kuja left a path of death in his wake. Plus, his mist powers were something else. He had a knack for summoning whole battalions of monsters to assist him. He sorta stopped doing that toward the end.

Zidane,anime,ff9

However, what really disturbed me where his pet clowns, Thorn and Zorn. They where such funny chibis. Its too bad they turned so ugly at a certain point. However, the creme de la creme in this game was the Trance. It is really something else. I like how Zidane unlocks new Trance moves with new weapons he obtains. You do not need to keep those weapons on forever. Just as long as he learns its abilities. Eiko's trance is also useful. Double Holy to the east and to the west. She is the only one that can learn Holy.  Her Madeen was also pretty strong. Interesting concept to say the least.

Final,Fantasy,9

Now, lets talk about the magics. Their magical powers are pretty standard. Nothing too far out there. You do not need an all material (or materials for that matter) to hurt all your opponents. They are pretty effective except for comet. There is also Blu magic. This power is unique to Quina. She learns odd magics by devouring her enemies. Vivi can also power up Steiner's weapons. The strongest magic that Steiner can use is Flare. That magic is perfect for slaying the dragons roaming outside Guisamaluke's Grotto. Seriously dude, those are some strong birdies. A magic you should look out for is Stop. It is just as deadly as Petrification.

Kuja,ff9,humor

Onto the sound track, the fight songs are pretty cool. I like best the boss music. The presentation one is seriously medieval, but pleasant.  The music I liked best was the one played during the Beatrix battles. Most of the time I just tried to endure while Zidane stole from Beatrix. You see, winning the Beatrix battles was not part of the storyline. She did have a lot of cool weapons and gadgets. She also had a lot of powerful attacks that could split your skull in half. You stole from her at your own risk. Kuja had a pretty creepy theme song. It certainly made him look malicious.

anime,ff9,wallpaper

Garnet's song was pretty cute. You get to hear the lyrics at the end of the game. Speaking of the end of the game, I think it is pretty cool how it went full circle. It started with a play and it ended with a play. However, it was a real hassle to impress Queen Barne. Seriously, that is the ugliest chick I ever seen in a video game. I always liked anime games because it is impossible to have an ugly character. However, the Square Enix folks out did themselves in Barne's ugliness. Just thinking about her makes my skin crawl. I like how she had a painting of herself with a gimme cat. That was really funny.

Odin,ff9,wallpaper

As for Gilgamesh, in almost all of the Final Fantasy games he makes an appearance. In this game, Gilgamesh was more of a wimp. He makes his appearance under the code name "Four Armed Man". You discover his true identity when you complete the card quest. His name is all you get from the cards. Odin is at least still in the game. That Norse God is always cool and impressive. Unlike Gilgamesh, Odin has always kept his cool. Then again, he is the only alcoholic God in the entire pantheon of mythological deities. He has drinking problems because he sees the future and he does not like what he sees. I suppose I can't blame him. Also his Zantesuken is not an martial art move, but the name of Loki's castle. I saw this in Age of Mythology. However, thanks to Lupin the 3rd Zantesuken was associated with a katana. I think that is everything worth mentioning about Final Fantasy 9. This time I took care not to spoil the ending or storyline a bit too much. Final Fantasy IX is still 5 star worthy anime game. 

Final,Fantasy,9

Related

tradition 3273413690034789428

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item