A Child by Teresita Blanco


 teresita blanco poem


Double pondered: A Child 
by Teresita Blanco
 
Long Ago                                 When I used to live
     In the land of promise             I remember hearing…   
 This tainted song                    A sound filled with so much hate
   Came to us                           Far too strong to resist 
  And it filled our egos            with the enmity and distrust               
 With foolish hopes               that I not dared to show 
   * * *  * * *                               * * *  * * *
    My prayed was denied        As I lie beneath my grave 
    Thinking back                     My failures whisper           
  On that old Siren’s song      “A shameful death” 
 Reserved only for me             That turned me to bones,  
 How foolish of me                 I cannot look back  
My lie has become                    The sin I carry
The truth                               No longer matters  
 * * * *  * * *                            * * * *  * * *
As my death draws near          My feet grown swollen   
 Twisted, distorted                     The path toward
My life becomes                      my final resolution
 But a memory                        Cannot spare my dignity   
 This curse…                               Cannot erase my sins
It terrifies me far worse than      the fiend within me
This sorrow that grips me        Slowly consumes me

 The wheel is turning                 these terrible goodbyes
Into a something wore               Inside my aching heart 
 Ill fortunes imprisons me           I cannot escape them
Like a hungry fury                     They cornered me again
 The pulse quickens                     Resurrecting my woes  
Screaming “vengeance”             Death will not let me forget

Editor's Note: Well, you already know about this one. 

 

Description: One Super Depressing Poem About: This poem is about me and my struggle Accountable Person: Fernando Blanco Author: Awards: None Content Location: poems Content Rating: 5 Contributor: Fernando Blanco Copyright Holder: Teresita Blanco Copyright Year: 2012 Creator: Teresita Blanco Editor: Fernando Blanco Genre: Sad Headline: A Child by Teresita Blanco Keywords: bones, child, copyright, dead, dignity, erase, faith, fury, ghost, graveyard, memory, mercy, original, poems, prison, shame, Sin, siren, teresita blanco, truth Mentions: Three Moons Provider: Me Publisher: Phi Stars Publishing Principles: Teresita Blanco Source Organization: Phi Stars Version: 7 Item Reviewed: Poems Review Rating: 5

Related

truth 3669066053354656098

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item