Trio of Sad Poems: American Dream, The Awakening, and Stuck by Teresita Blanco

2/6/2013 American Dream by Teresita Blanco Shatter the mirror. Erase all illusions. Swallow the bitter pill. This m...



scary movie,digital art,monster


2/6/2013
American Dream
by Teresita Blanco
Shatter the mirror.
Erase all illusions.
Swallow the bitter pill.
This medicine will
Cure all your ills.

As the heart hardens,
You’ll soon harness
The lies they fed you.
Your old delusions
Brought you this far.



At what cost
Did you let your ember
Be drowned by your tears?
By the fears
That bind you.

In bliss you chased
The American dream
That soon turned
Into a nightmare.
You cannot find whom to blame!
Nor can you erase your shame!

digital art,shooting stars,fireworks



2/12/2013
The Awakening
by Teresita Blanco
For how long did I sleep?
I cannot remember.
How many days have gone by?
I care not to remember.

Night and day are one
Inside this pit.
Why do I wake
When I wish to sleep?

Am I awake?
I cannot tell…
I hear a faint whisper,
Whisper of what, I know not…

Why do I wake
When I only wish to sleep?
Yes, let me still anew
My beating heart.
Its sound is deafening
In this still silence.

Silence life,
Let me return to death.
Why do I live
When I only desire death?

digital art,summer love,photos


2/14/2013
Stuck
by Teresita Blanco
Stuck in the now,
There is no way out
But Thanatos’ grip.

I take many trips
With the vague hope
That I might learn to cope
With the same old no.

Above this stony hills
There awaits my bills. 

Copyright Teresita Blanco

You do not have permission to use my poems without my express written consent.

Related

teresita blanco 7368846590832255925

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item