Four Long Poems: Salvation Seems so Far Away, Frog Zebra, Sacrifice, and For 5 Years by Teresita Blanco

3/26/2013 Salvation Seems so Far Away by Teresita Blanco Salvation never seemed so far away. To be saved… from what pain...



digital art,dragon,digital art cool


3/26/2013
Salvation Seems so Far Away
by Teresita Blanco
Salvation never seemed so far away.
To be saved… from what pains?
If living is such a burden
Then why do we fear death?

Keep us safe, as we walk
In this neon valley of death
Full of demons wearing
The mass of saints.



Cast off the masks
Of sympathy, irony,
Hypocrisy, pity, piety…

What is the truth
That will set us free?
Hear, my lord,
Come my lord.
Lift my cross
So that I may live again:
Without pain,
Without blame,
Without shame.
Salvation never seemed so far away. 


digital art,dragon,green dragon



Frog Zebra
by Teresita Blanco
Poor little darling,
The body of a frog,
The face of a Zebra.
Poor lil Frog Zebra.

What skies have you seen?
My darling Frog Zebra.

Why do you look so grump?
Did you miss you fly?
Is there no more grass?

What skies, what pods
Have you seen, Frog Zebra?

Black as night,
With white stripes,
And wet behind the ears.
Frog Zebra, with the legs of a frog
And the head of a Zebra.
Are you a mammal
Or a cold reptile, Frog Zebra.

Always resting, so tenderly
On a fragile leaf.
Frog Zebra, you chimera,
When will it be your era?
When will you smile anew,
Frog Zebra, for the morning dew?

digital art girl,digital art dragon,hot girl


Sacrifice
by Teresita Blanco
With these bleeding hands
I raise you above my head!
Erase your fears,
I do not need your tears.

This is the death I longed for.
Say a prayer for me,
It will ease my forlorn.

The furnace calls
Beyond those rotting faces.
Ashes we must all become.

With these rotting bones
I raised you,
Do not shed a tear.
It is the grave you fear.

sea horse, original dragon,cute dragon



For 5 Years
by Teresita Blanco
For 5 years
I bled for you,
To see you smile, anew.

For 5 years
I slept in fear,
Bleeding to keep you here.

My morals discarded,
My pride forgotten.

For 5 years,
A River of blood
I bled for you!

And it was not enough!
Now an empty corpse
You bleed me again.

Why did I sacrifice
All those years?
Was it to make you cheer?

Now that you don’t need me
I lie here prostrated, discarded,
Like some child’s broken toy.

Yes, there are many more to come.
But, alas, I am undone.

Why did I bled
For all those years
That seemed an eternity.

Those nightmarish 5 years
Never seem to end!
I still hear their screams,
They echo forever in my dreams.

And though I am home,
I carry their blood
In my wounded heart.

For 5 years
I bled for you!
But you won’t bleed for me!

Copyright Teresita Blanco

You do not have permission to use my poems without my express written consent.

Related

years 4462145818237416752

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item