They say wallstreet money never sleeps

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps Commentary I was never a big fan of wall streets or the stock market for that fashion. Every day, it l...


Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps Commentary

I was never a big fan of wall streets or the stock market for that fashion. Every day, it looks grimmer and grimmer and I see my pockets becoming dryer than the Sahara Desert. But alas, it cannot be helped.

The movie with the extremely long title stars in 2008. The main character Gekko is trying to rebuild Wall Street. It is ironic because in the first part of the movie Gekko was trying to ruin Wall Street. I guess his personal finances where affected and thus he became a changed man. Plus, it is unlikely that a he would go to jail. Rich people hardly serve any serous jail time ( I suppose this was done in the movie in order to please the poor audience that usually watches movies).


I find it unlikely that he would reform so easily. One must consider that it is extremely hard for old rich tycoons to change their ways. This would be more plausible if Gekko had a close encounter with death. Such types of accidents can even transform the most villainous man into a saint.




I guess in the end, Gekko found out that money does not buy everything.

In this movie, he is paired up with the rising young actor Shia Lebouf or Lebuff or Leboot or was it reboot.. He was half decent in Disturbia. I suppose he refuses to act in movies if he is not paired up with a super-hot lady. I guess I can't blame him for trying. Maybe in the real world he cannot get a date (even if he brings out constantly the fact that he is in Hollywood).


The cute little lady that he is paired up with is Carey Mullugan. She is some pretty dame from Great Britain. I remember seeing her in Pride and Prejudice ( a super boring book by Jane Austen). I do not know what it is co great and classical about that book. It is so Roccoco that it makes my blood boil. It shows the high life, the rich life, deux commerce. It is hilarious that 50 years later, the French beat the living snot out of this aristocratic class that was constantly depicted in the Jane Austen books.


Well back to Wall street. The Gekko from Geiko tries throughout the movie to rebuild his shattered relationship with his girl. He uses Jacob (or Leboot) in order to patch things up with his number one girl. For that reason, he his helping Jacob Labuffet get his revenge on the guy that killed his mentor (how cliché of them). I truly hope that this turns out to be a decent film. At least for the viewer's sake.

Related

wallstreet 6981584041495626838

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item