I Cannot Get my foot through the Door: a Story of a Journalist Love of Donuts

  A few days ago, I left my journalism class in awe. I spent my ride back to FIU main campus meditating on what I had experienced. Aft...

 



A few days ago, I left my journalism class in awe. I spent my ride back to FIU main campus meditating on what I had experienced. After the stupor had dissipated, I realized that I obtain a precious gift from this class: The confirmation of my previous suppositions. Originally, I had arrived in this class with the vague idea of obtaining some hidden trick into getting one’s foot through the door of publication. However, the teacher has simply confirmed the fact that a journalist success relies solely on luck (and maybe a bit of talent). My teacher had obtained his placement in the journalist world after a publisher overheard his rambles about musicians. Had that person not overheard him, then he might have ended up performing brain surgery of some sorts.




Frankly, I have always held some sort of caution toward the publishing industry. Ever since I started in my little graphic novel project I been hesitant to send it into the wide world. The publication industry is a dangerous business. I found it infuriating that an editor could order his Journalist to give up his story to a more experience writer. To have worked so hard in a story to have it stolen, defiled, taken by another is simply something I cannot bear.

This last section, served to remind me of the troubles in the Journalism industry. I find it peculiar that only one of the speakers remained within the topic of journalism. It seems a bit farfetched the great emphasis given on immigrants understanding of journalism throughout. In my perspective, this final lecture lacked a bit of consistency. I found it rather amusing the efforts employed by the teacher to keep the speakers within the topic of journalism.

Regardless, I found this final section as a great way to kill some time. I found the donuts delicious and the speakers entertaining. This class has further reaffirmed my previous views toward Journalism.

Related

surgen 2543266692674027131

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item