Mardi Gras

 Mardi Gras  You all must be wondering what posses us to go to Universal Mardi Gras parade. Well, the story is sorta a silly tragi-co...

 teresita mardi gras

 Mardi Gras 

You all must be wondering what posses us to go to Universal Mardi Gras parade. Well, the story is sorta a silly tragi-comic one. This dream trip took root on a mild Friday afternoon. We were driving back home with mother when she said "lets go to mardi gras, this Saturday" and we both said "yeah". In matter of hours we prepared the essentials for the trip. We took only two sets of clothing and hoped against hope that it would be this Saturday.

Anyhow, the trip took an eternity or two as usual. We had to wake up at 4 AM to get to Orlando by 9 AM. On the way, we saw a lovely gringo couple with to lil Chinese girls. Adoption is such a nice thing. Anyhow, we got to kissimi the border town between Orlando and the Disney parks. We by 10 am we rented a one night room at a quality in. While there we found a lady selling tickets and that my friends was the beginning of the end. We were under the impression that with one ticket you cold go to two parks. alas, things have changed a lot in Orlando.




 Mardi Gras wallpaper

Anyhow, due to a few directional issues we wasted our first ticket in Islands and adventure. I say, if you do not have an express pass do not bother to go to the parks. The only thing that was half decent was the food. The ice cream was so so and mother like the pork leg.

 universal studio Poseidon

The first ride we manage to get in was the temple of Poseidon. I hope it would be a sort of water ride. However, it turned out to be a cheesy performance. At least the special effects were half decent. the further we wondered the lamer it got. IT seems that Islands and adventures has been divided into teen and kids. Needless to say, we wasted 3 hours in the kids area. This could all have been avoided if I had bother to get a map. So after wondering an hour in Diogoro ally from the Harry Potter we managed to get a map from a helpful seer.

 adventure Harry Potter

The next half hour was spent in retracing our steps to the big kids section of Islands of adventures. Mother siad she wanted to ride Popeye. It was all going fine and dandy until mother realized that her cold prevented her from getting get. All those three hours of waiting in line went to waste. I got attacked by wasps for nothing. So with a hunched back we proceeded to get out of Islands and adventures. That terrible misconception proved true when we tried to enter Universal Studios. The park person told us that this ticket allowed you to enter one of two parks once.

 Universal Studio Orlando

I threw a terrible fit at this. From the very beginning I had told mama and bro that we were in the wrong location but alas no one listens to Tere. anyhow, we took a small boat ride and visited the hard Rock hotel at Orlando. As we lazy got back to the front of the park I saw a sign in the sky, it said " Love" and "God". I saw this as a sign for better days. So my bro killed a credit card or two used this money to get into universal for the Mardi Gras parade.

 Marvel Parade wallpaper

So we finally got to Universal Studio. Night was falling slowly over the horizon. I was in a better mood now that I knew we were in the right track. However, between you and me I truly resented the wasted 250 bucks. Alas it is much cheaper to got to universal then to visit Islands and adventure. So remember kids, Universal is cheaper and better than Islands and adventure. All  they have to work with is that cursed Hulk and Dueling Dragons. Anyhow, the first thing I saw in Universal was a cute parade of Marvel Wierdoes.I think there was spider man, storm, rouge, and captain America.

 Mardi Gras Mask

After I got bored of the marching marvel goons we went to get gimmicks for mardi gras. I slowly build a mardi Gras costume by sticking bits and pieces together. The thing about this mask was that it looked so plain. I bought it because it was free standing and it did not have the odd hair contraction that other mardi gras mask had. Only later in the night did I discovered that It flashed in a sparkle in such a cute fashion. About this hour we grew rather ungry for some real food. God, I am hungry right now. I wanna eat pizza and ice cream .

 Madri Grass wallpaper

Until Mardi gras began we spent the night taking pictures with the performers. Between you and me it is better to go to the parks at night time than during the day time. by 8 PM the kids had gone home and the line in the rides were practically non exist. We had a problem in the Jaws ride. Before riding it, I wanted to take a photo with my whole body inside the Jaws statue. Alas, mother and bro do not know who to use my camera. So needless to say I spent 10 uncomfortable minutes in the Jaws of the Shark. After this terrible moment we rode shark at night.

 MIB wallpaper ride

I told mama that the shark appeared less often near the edge of the seat. That was a sick lie, but whatever. That ride was so much creepier at night plus, they increased the pyrotechnics. When the shark appeared the last time mother jumped up in her seat so high that she hit her knee against the safety bar. Now she has two bad knees. Later we went to MIB alien attack. Mama was surprising good at shooting down ETs. All Cuban, college and high school students are trained to handle military weapons.  Mama told us of this to answer our perplexed looks.

 Mardi Gras universal

anyhow, finally came Mardi gras. The marching wierdoes were rather mellow. the music was pleasant and not discontent loud. There paraded crocodiles, elephants and white bull. While on top, people threw bead necklaces. I tried taking more photos however the flash was terrible that night. all the cameras I ever bought sorta die at night. However, the video recorder setting worked at full capacity. It is for this reason that I through more videos than photos of mardi Gras. In the first videos, Bro was the one who held the camera. He kept doing the necklaces and so the video suffered. After, seeing the first two I gave Mama the camera.

 Universal Earth Moon

In the middle of the parade I got a terrible foot cramp. Those shoes that mother got me were a killer. I walked barefoot to for an hour until My bro found a shop to buy me thing 1 and thing 2 sandals. This was an odd end to a bizarre day. We got lost on the way to the inn. On the way home, I almost photograph a bizarre UFO. Mother tried to buy a gift for her pals, however, she did not feel like buying a Mikey mouse key chain for $4.99. And thus, ends our journey to Orlando.
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
.

Related

vacation 154273971121368862

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item