My Last Trip to Miami Beach

My Last Trip to Miami Beach Well, actually folks I have gone to Miami beach trice already this month. However, this post is only gonn...

 polo Miami beach

My Last Trip to Miami Beach

Well, actually folks I have gone to Miami beach trice already this month. However, this post is only gonna focus on yesterdays' trip. It was freaking awesome, we arrived at 11 AM and arrived back home at 9 PM. Yep, we where soaking in the man of war (jelly fish) infested water for 10 hours. That day Miami Beach was having one of those super high class polo matches.  This is not something new, they practically have these matches every year. Luckily this year I had my camera. Yesterday, the whole beach was full of horses and the like. I did not feel like watching the match but at least I took a few good horsey pics. Can you imagine how hard that sport must be?




 polo Miami beach

Just think, a polo match is basically a dude on top of a horse with a mallet. He has to use that mallet to hit a tiny ball and make it pass threw a goal post (while avoiding the legs of the horses). Those ponies are freaking expensive. Just having a normal horse cost an arm and a leg. Anyhow, polo is just a bizarre high class version of soccer (though I think polo is much older than soccer). There is basically three players per team, and every so often they swap horses. In front of the parking lot there was roughly like 20 horses and many care takers. they had special fans for the horses to keep them from dehydrating. I was hardly close to the horses and they had a terrible manure smell. I frankly can't stand smelly animals, but what can you do. They are still pretty cute to look at. Some of the trainers where braiding the tails of the horses. I don't know why they do that but visually it makes the horses look cute.

 polo black horse

The black one you see in the pic above is my personal favorite. I wanted to chase after it to take a good pic but the trainer put the horsey away. I did not cross over to peep inside the car because I know that horses get restless around strangers. And the last thing I need is to get kicked in the face by a black beauty. Remember the book? I never read it, its supposedly a classic. To be honest after reading the first three lines I through the book out the window. It was  just so boring. Well back to Miami beach.

 Miami beach Polo

You know they had been building the entire playing field ever since last week. I  saw them put up the support systems last week. It is interesting how you build an entire arena on a sandy beach. I mean it is not the prime support to hold any sort of weight whatsoever. Still they had a lot of hired hands. Anyhow, enough of horse. We brought we us lots of food , like it was to be expected. We ate crochets with bread and coca cola. I like the crystals bottles of coca cola. there is something about the glass that makes it so exquisite.

 anime kida beach

Later on we where joined by three of mama's pals. Two of them had children younger than we where. They where 2 boys and one girl. The younger boy was a good pal of my bro. They used to play dragon age together. He liked to turn into a spider and eat zombies (I am talking about the game). The girl was my good friend, whenever mama would visit her pal I would play barbies with her. The other kid I don't know who he was. It was the first time meeting him. Anyhow, while in the water two other kids joined our click. They played with us in the water and where really charming and friendly with all. Bro got the worse of it. Everyone used him as beast of labor, even the two other kids that we did not know. Whenever an odd shadow would pass they all in turn would climb on his back and drown him for a minute or two. Bro back then was having some back pains. He confessed that after 2 hours he forgot he even had a back to begin with.

[Your video will appear here]

After he got out he stayed in the bench sleeping for a while. After they got out , the two new kids went back to their group and us to our own. Back in camp the two younger kids got really bored. They decided to dig a hole or two. Somehow we got the insane idea to play a prank on one of mama's pals, Vivi. Vivi is  quite innocent so she would not notice our naughty intentions, she was the most promising victim. So we dug a hole and place her towel on top of it. We knew by now that she liked sun bathing. I waited with my camera to put the trap. However, by the time she came back from the bathroom and the car (to put more time) the sun had moved. She went to move the towel but the girl got on front yelling, " no the sun is right there". Needless to say she did not fall for it but we had a chuckle or two. Above is the promising video. I would have made it longer but by this time the camera's batteries were at their last drop of energy.

 anime kida Miami

After this hilarious incident the dream team went back into the water. While there bro discovered a human bone. He took it to mama and she confirmed it was the spinal cord bone of a human. She recognized it because of her medical training in Cuba . Anyhow, Bro wanted to bring me the bone as a gift but mama told him to throw it back in. Plus we were afraid this was the remains of a drowned Cuban rafter (and that made us a bit melancholic). Truly, I am grateful that he did not give the unthoughtful gift. And as for the remains I hoped that drowned person found peace.

 Miami Beach scenery

As the night was starting to fall mama read for a while out loud for our enjoyment the new Zoe Valdes book "El Todo cotidiano" (or The Everyday Everything). Here Zoe unmasked in full brute colors the behavior of the Cubans that live in Florida. It was hilarious cause we use the same sunblock as the Cubans from the book. We also like to stuff our faces as we watch television. Heck, it is rare that we eat without the TV on. By now everyone was feeling rather cozy. We payed one extra hour in order to wait for our clothe to dry off. We did not want to mess up the car after all.

 anime kida sunset

For the rest of the night I walked with bro on the side of the beach until night fell. We covered the beach practically seven times. We had so much energy. We where discussing and planning our prospect for the future and our plans for animekida. with those two subjects we had ample to talk of. We also planned volume two of The Furies. it is almost done , all we need is the in between chapter pages. While there we taught we saw mercury. It usually shows up when the sun is either rising or setting. But we were disappointed at realizing that the pretty red light was just a stupid helicopter.

As the city night came alive, we took our things and made our way home to hour humble apartment. it was truly a marvelous day. I highly recommend that my furies to visit miami beach at least once in their life time.

Related

water 4798329478489834010

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item