Are you Unhealthy or Just Plain Ugly?

venus,velazquez,painting


Are you Unhealthy or Just Plain Ugly?

You know, in this western world, I have always been asking myself the same question. Am I unhealthy or just plain ugly?  During my on and off periods of overweight, it did not alter the same disdain that I received from my peers. Even during my primal hours (for a time I had the perfect weight for my size), it did not change anything. Thus, I began to wonder if I was ugly. This theory also proved to be false. My face has all the right proportions to be acceptable (plus, I noticed often that I was being noticed). Then it hit me, during those early sour days of my life I was known as the quiet one. Alas, it cannot be helped...



Well, this cryptic beginning was to show that I have some personal experience with that annoying eternal question.  Specially in the US, it is common for companies to create imaginary problems for them to sell you their "treatment". After thinking it through, I realized that there is no market for a genuine cure. Its better for them to keep selling you junk food. When you are ready to explode, they then have the solution (i.e. super expensive diet pills). You see, the market is rigged to make you fatter, sadder and uglier by the day. For then, your low self esteem is the perfect marketplace for them to sell you their "treatment".


vanitas,painting,death

Alas, the only cure they ever offer is to slice and dice your body to bits. However, as Gaga puts it, "God does not make mistakes"(but I know that you ,my fellow reader, do not believe in God. After all, its fashionable right now to be an atheist). You may ask, how did this come to pass? Have we always been mindless puppets of the mega corporation? The answer is simple by dear Bruteses. The fault lies within ourselves. We are not ugly on the outside, only on the inside. Like castles to the slaughter, we choose to walk the same path as the others. We feel secure inside the herb. We all know, the final destination... yet we cannot break free.

Its paradoxical this so called American Individualism. We praise it, we love it, we die for it. However, there are only a few acceptable paths toward Individualism. For them, we must aspire, to be blonde, beautiful, perfect, graceful, with a fine behind and jumbo jugs. By becoming the perfect clones of the machine, society then finally allows us to be our "true" selves (in private of course. They do not wish to see your true deviant self). However, can our true individualism survive behind this plastic mask?

Related

treatment 3512515961157320443

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item