Much Ado About Big Words

 anime nerd picture


Much Ado About Big Words

I been going through a Mark Twain phase. All I done thus far is read nonstop all the works by this American author. Among the stories that I liked was a "Cure for the Blues". Basically, Mark Twain was making fun of the writing style of Charles Dickens. I could tell cause I read the guy. He kept throwing rocks at Dickens irrelevant descriptions and unrealistic speech patterns. The thing that called my attention was him pocking at this author's use of big words. Like in a Dog's Tale, Twain kept bringing up the fondness of dumb people for big words.




 anime nerd picture



Idiots pride themselves in the usage of big words. I seen similar antics in the Simpsons. Like when the Simpson family went to the house of an educated family. Homer had called dips on "computer" and Bart had "doorbell". I don't know why people get so obsessed about big words. Don't yah think its better to get the point across? That's why I like writers like Mark Twain, Cervantes, Unamuno, Stefan Zweig, Graham Greene, ect. They have something that others writers lack. They have dept.


 anime nerd picture



Think about it!! You can be the smartest person in the world. However, if you cannot get your point across then you might as well be an idiot. Intelligence is based on immortality. Einstein had the power of communication. He was able to explain to all his peers optics and relativity theory. He did not rely too much on mathematician jargon. As a matter of fact, he claimed that after the mathematicians sank their teeth into his formula he could not make heads of tails of it.


 anime nerd picture


I don't know people's obsession about over complicating things. After all, the brightest of minds knew how to reach , how to control the plebeian. Communication, that is the key to success. You know, complicated arrogant jargon is the reason why I despise the American intellect culture (this could also apply to most intellect mambo jumbo going around. After all, most folks enjoy imitating all the habits of the Americans, for better or for worse). They are all so stuck up, so full of themselves.


 anime nerd picture



However, when you cross reference them on the essential all you get are "big words" and nothing else. Now those guys made their riches purely on regurgitating refrigerated knowledge (There!! I can use big words too.) . Plus, they are puppets of the robber barons. They are always bending their conclusions to the benefit of the market. If they make a cure against cancer, then you bet we won't be hearing of it. After all, doctors and pharmacist win billions on the suffering of others.  Well, that's my word blog. Don't mind my ill mood, I am just kinda annoyed at a vassal of refrigerated knowledge. Its also a response to those that would prefer that I would use "big" words. As for me, I prefer depth. (Then again, I cannot stand people more arrogant than me) In any case, big words for the sake of being big are not 5 star worthy.


 anime nerd picture

 

Description: My complains about others complaints About: Words that I do not use because they lack emotion Accountable Person: Fernando Blanco Author: Awards: None Content Location: Humor Content Rating: 5 Contributor: Fernando Blanco Copyright Holder: Teresita Blanco Copyright Year: 2012 Creator: Teresita Blanco Editor: Fernando Blanco Genre: Humor Headline: Much Ado About Big Words Keywords: angry, anime, arrogant, bad review, critique, cute, humor, idolmaster, nerd, picture, pride, smart, suffering, tuxedo, word,  Mentions: Mark Twain, Cervantes, Unamuno, Stefan Zweig, Graham Greene, Charles Dickens Provider: Me Publisher: Phi Stars Publishing Principles: Teresita Blanco Source Organization: Phi Stars Version: 7 Item Reviewed: Words Review Rating: 5
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
.

Related

word 4790033178549641070

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item