Former President Bill Clinton Visits F.I.U. (or Florida International University)

Bill,Clinton,F.I.U.

Former President Bill Clinton Visits F.I.U.

I am at F.I.U. at this very moment. I am a student at this University. Ever since the students heard of the Presidential visit, everything has become a complete pandemonium. The cheering crowds, and the hungry virgins flock to catch sight of this very popular president. They are all dying of expectation, crowding around the area where the presidential car will stop by. They all desire, longing to see one of the best and most handsome president this great nation ever head. Truly, it is a sight to behold. So much cheering, so much hope and desires.



At least, that is the ideal picture.  Frankly, I never seen so much apathy in a University. Everyone seems to be really mopy today. Perhaps, I am not seeing any excitement whatsoever because today is 9/11. This day fills the air with an atmosphere of gloom and doom. It hovers over everything. Then again, this indifferent mood is quite common place in this university.

FIU,Clinton,Visits

The cheerleaders, the Golden Panther mascot, the marching bands, and the drunk Greek Letter house representatives might try to animate this university. However, all their efforts are for naught. Even as I write this I look around me to see homeless students catching a few ZZzzzss around the piano area. No student here cares about the Presidential visit. They are too concerned with rising tuition costs.

Every year, things seem to get worse and worse in this University. Former President Clinton's presence is not going to change it. For you see, the current Deans of F.I.U. are stuck up gringos. They do no want a Hispanic, multi cultural university. To ween out the undesirables, they keep raising the class and tuition cost. Via the cost, they can get make it so only the middle class can afford the university. Their actions show that they want F.I.U. to be anything but international.

FIU,Wells,Fargo

You may argue that with scholarships and Loans (which is no different, than selling your soul to the Devil), good students can make it in the university. However, that is never the case. The books and the food in this University cost an arm and a leg. Their meal plans rarely work. You practically have to remind them to activate the meal plan. Otherwise, your 2000 bucks goes down the drain. Also, they keep whatever food money you did not use at the end of the semester. To make matters worse, the Deans are whoring their students out to Wells Fargo. All new students must get an F.I.U. One Card that comes with Wells Fargo account. Thus, to check out a library book you need to be with Wells Fargo. If you loose your old F.I.U. card, you can only get it replaced by a Wells Fargo Card.

Seriously, the Deans are screwing their students over and Clinton's visit is not going to make things any better!! There is something seriously wrong with education in this country. The only good thing that we have going for us ,in this university, is the library (and even that is going downhill quickly). Trust me, I know because I worked in the F.I.U. library for three years. I know that I should be exited about Bill Clinton's visit. However, I cannot stop from asking myself, how is his visit going to help me?  

Bill,Clinton,FIU

Related

speech 5967572711156140858

Post a Comment

  1. Si pones el mouse sobre la foto puedes disfrutar un rico helado con Bill.

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item