Fancy Words that are 5 star Worthy


 anime word blog



Fancy Words that are 5 star Worthy

I been thinking of expanding to other things with this rating agency busyness. Theoretically speaking, I can practically rate just about anything, from a star to dimple in a cute face (I should do a dimple blog). Anyhow, I am going to blog about some words that I like a lot.




 anime ffxii picture



1-anathema: a person or something that one dislikes a lot (in a fancy churchy cursed fashion).


I came across this word while playing FFXII. If I remember correctly, Van was talking with some weird Ocuria. When he mentioned Lenard, the Occuria said that its name was an anathema to them. I like using Anathema  whenever I want to weird someone out. 5 stars for anathema.


 anime curse monster



2- malediction: curse

As for malediction, I learned it from Hugo's hunchback of Notre Dame (also the word Sanctuary). Its a fancier way of cursing someone. Plus, it derived from "maldicion" (or curse). 5 stars.


 anime oblivion water



3-oblivion : completely forget (not in a blissful faction)


This one I picked up from a super boring scary book a politics. I think it had a weird doll inside the poster. Anyhow, this was y favorite word for most of my high school year. Everything was oblivion this , oblivion that... then I learned what the word meant (then it was no longer funny). 5 stars for oblivion. 


 anime bizarre Sephiroth



4-bizarre : odd

This one I picked up from FFVII. This one was the name of the first form of Sephiroth. The meaning of it did not sink in for quite a while. I guess it was pretty self explanatory that that strange form was "bizarre". In any case, this word deserves 5 star rating.


 anime dying death



5-succum: dying, losing 

I don't remember where I picked up this word. It is probably came from a book about the plague. I like it because its an epic way of saying that you died or lost in a humiliating fashion. Its pretty fancy, 5 stars.


 anime catastrophe tsunami



6-catastrophe: great or sudden calamity

"Catastrophe" I picked up from Kuja. That Final Fantasy IX boss was so well spoken (and a bit crazy around the edges). Its a nice way to describe disasters and happy accidents. 5 stars for this word.


 anime woe sadness



7-woe : sadness

I picked up this word in the the Dem of Woe from FFX-2. I really had no idea what the word meant. Most of the time I chose it cause it rhymed (rh? Tere does not computer) with foe. In any case, woe deserves 5 stars.


 anime foe fight



8-foe: enemy

Well, I already that I liked woe because of foe. I guess I like foe because of woe. Both are mutually inclusive. 5 stars.


 anime hue color



9- Hue : color or shade

This word I also picked up from Kuja. He is so well spoken, in a down to earth kind of fashion. Not like that judge pirate from FFXII who one needed a dictionary to understand 90% of the words... If I remember correctly, Kuja used hue in his poem before summoning Bahamut. In any case, this word deserves 5 star rating.


 anime river picture



10-shenanigan : mischief

This one I picked up from Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. I used it from time to time to freak out my teachers. No one uses that word these days. Its fun just for that very reason. 5 stars. 


 anime fury angry



11-fury : angry, or revenge goddess

I picked up the word fury from an old book about mythology. In this book, it described the fury goddesses. It also stated its other meaning. Its a very pretty word and far more fancier than saying, "I am angry".  5 stars for fury.

 anime nemesis enemy



12 - Nemesis: 4th fury or person marked for vengeance (as in, you are my nemesis thus I will get even with you)

Nemesis is also from  that old mythological book. However, the first time I heard the word was in the title of Resident's Evil : Nemesis. It sounded pretty cool. Frankly, nemesis is far better than enemy. It would add a creepy tone to any threats you direct toward your enemy. 5 stars for nemesis.


 anime apotheosis man



13- Apotheosis : becoming a God

I am not too certain about this one... maybe I picked it up in the Iliad. Although, I am certain to have learned it around 10th grade. I do remember using it for an assignment in a language class. In any case, apotheosis has 5 star rating.

 anime twilight saga



14- twilight : evening time between sunset and utter darkness

I forget where I picked up this word. All I know is that I used it incorrectly until recently. It was all, during "the twilight of this hour" this and that. Frankly, I liked the way the word sounded. Instead of sunset you say twilight. Very, very pretty, 5 stars for twilight. 


 anime foul zombie



15 - foul: disgusting

Even the word foul sounds awful. Its short simple and cool sounding. 5 stars for foul.


 anime pacifier baby



16- pacify : calm down

As for pacify, its a good substitute for peace or calming down someone. Plus, it rhymes well with a lot of "y" ending words (which is like 50% of all the words in the English dictionary) . 5 stars for pacify. 


 anime devour zombie



17- devour : eat you whole

This one I picked up from the movie " The Silence of the Lambs"... nothing else needs to be said about devour. hehehe...5 stars.


 anime muster hug



18 -muster : call together, or assemble

By luck, I have been using the word muster correctly. I could never tell the difference between master and muster (or mustard for that matter). I simply liked the word muster better than master. In any case, muster deserves 5 star rating.


 anime yugioh card



19 -torment : molesting , torturing in as if you were dammed

This one I picked up from Yugioh. You remember, Obelisk the tormentor. Torment sounded pretty cool, so I started using this word often. 5 stars for torment.


 anime pride funny



20-pride : the state of being proud, or just being too full of oneself

I forget were I picked up this word. I like it cause it rhymes well with a lot of "ide" words. Plus, its pretty useful in a classical sense. It is the best word to describe a person who is too full of himself. In any case, I am proud to give "pride" a 5 star rating.


 anime corrodes xmas


21- corrodes: destroyed or damaged

This one is good when describing the moral state of our society. It works better than damaged or destruction. Its low mellow "rrrods " sound gives an eerie serious vibe to any speech. If you want to talk serious about something that is falling apart use corrosion (or any other variation of corrode). 5 stars.




22- malice : desire to do evil

This one is a good alternative to wicked. It is fancier and a bit obscure around the edges.  If you use serious word then you will be taken seriously (even if you have the IQ of an chimp).  In any case, malice deserves 5 star rating.


 slumber naruto sasuke



23- slumber : asleep

This one is often paired up with things relating to death or sleep. If you want to be morbid or creepy about sleeping use slumber (except for slumber parties, those are fun). 5 stars.

 pikachu eating flesh


24- flesh :  skin

This one I picked up from the movie Hannibal. Hahahaha yummy, yum, yum, 5 stars.


 anime devour eating



25- consumes :same as devour

This one is used when describing something eaten by the flames. It is good for setting a dark ominous (as in creepy) tone. I picked up this word around middle school. This word was brought up in a lecture about Edgard Allan Poe. The teacher said that his mother died of consumption (a variation of consume) . It was referring to the disease where your lungs get filled with blood and then you die a most horrible painful death. Both his mother and his wife died of this disease.


 anime quiver shake



26 - quiver : archer's case to hold arrows or slight trembling movement

I am not certain where I picked this word up. I always used it in combination with shake. Yet, now that I think about it, both quiver and shake mean just about the same thing. In any case, its a cute word and it sounds better than shaking. Frankly, I like "er"  words a lot better than "ke" ending words. 5 stars. 


 anime swung maka



27 - swung: arc movement

This one is commonly paired with sword movement descriptions. I also hear it a lot in decapitations or grim reaper related scenes. It is a pretty epic and serious word. 5 stars for swung.


 anime blood crimson



28- crimson : red

Crimson is just red. first heard this word when during the Phoenix X-men flashback. Crimson, that is a much better version of red. "Rim" and "on" sound are among my favorite. Use crimson, not red!! 5 stars. 


 anime futile yuna



29 - futile : pointless

 This one I heard during the Yuna trails in FFX. Measter Mika told her that it was futile he efforts to defeat sin. After all, sin was eternal. I liked that word ever since. I use if whenever I get the occasion to. Luckily for me,  this bad economy has given me the occasion to call a lot of efforts and plans futile. Hahahaha!! 5 stars for futile.


 anime guile picture



30 - guile : sly or cunning

This one I picked up from the Alichino Graphic novel. Guile was the word used to described the Alichinos ( where crafty about taking your soul). I hardly use it, I do no meet too many people who are guile. Eh... not that it matters. 5 stars for guile. 


 anime obnoxious yugioh



31 - obnoxious : hateful


This one I picked up from Yugioh. You remember, the obnoxious Celtic guardian ? Until like 5 seconds ago, (that I google the meaning of the word) I thought that obnoxious meant annoying. Eh, you learn new things everyday. I think the word is a bit obnoxious to spell , hehehe. If you are bad at spelling don't use it. 5 stars. 


 anime requiem sephiroth



32- requiem : mass or song for the repose of the dead

This one I picked up from the One Winged Angel Requiem. It did not seem to reposing. Perhaps Sephiroth was conducting a funerary song for the planet (who was going to be crushed by meteor).  Requiem is one of the few Latin derived words that I like. It is a pretty neat technical word. 5 stars for Requiem.


 anime suffice funny



33- suffice : enough

This one looks a lot like the spanish "suficiente". I was not too hard to learn. I really do not have a real reason as to why suffice is 5 star worthy.  Frankly, I like it better than enough.


 anime sick girl



34 - pharmaceutical : relating to medicinal drugs.


This one is my new favorite word. I do not use pharmaceutical in its proper fashion. As you noticed (or did not bother to notice), I write often "for Pharmaceutical purposes.   I use it as a substitution to the phrase " to simplify manners". Frankly, it is not pharmaceutical for the meanings of the words to remain static. But between you and me I just use it as so because I feel like it. Got a problem!!! 5 stars.


 anime science fiction



35 - theoretically : based on theory

This one I use it correctly. I don't remember where I picked up the word. Yet, today is among my favorite words. When I theoretically speak, I sometimes to refer to my own theories and suppositions. Eh, but whatever, 5 stars for theoretically.


 anime Japanese letter



Well, this blog was pretty weird. I decided to expand on the duties of a rating agency. I think I pioneered a new mode of critiques. Maybe, I should patent it. This one in specific is already copyrighted under google blogs. I also think that I am the only person that could write a blog like this one. It is heavily dependent on memory. After all who remember where they picked up half the words one speaks. I hope this blog humored you for a bit. Tata and Good night.

 anime writing wall

 

Description: Amassing Words from an Amassing Person About: My favorite Words Accountable Person: Fernando Blanco Author: Awards: None Content Location: anime Content Rating: 5 Contributor: Fernando Blanco Copyright Holder: Teresita Blanco Copyright Year: 2012 Creator: Teresita Blanco Editor: Fernando Blanco Genre: humor Headline: Fancy Words that are 5 star Worthy  Keywords: anime, anime girls, blood, chibis, cool, cool game, creepy, cute, demotivational poster, fight, final fantasy, funny, good review, letter, sephiroth, weapon, word, writing, zombies,  Mentions: NA Provider: Me Publisher: Blogger Publishing Principles: Teresita Blanco Source Organization: Phi Stars Version: 7 Item Reviewed: Poems Review Rating: 5
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
.

Related

zombies 1014129094760500067

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item