Dragon's Dogma is so much better the Second Time Around

Dragon's Dogma Ur Dragon, Ur Dragon, Dragon's dogma comic

Dragon's Dogma is so much better the Second Time Around

This is an update to my Dragon's Dogma review. I finally started a new file. I kept Pride and Kida just about the same. I must say that the game is so much better the second time. I told you last time, that I started as a mage. However, I gave up on being a mage. In the second file, I had the chance to fight the Ur Dragon. I was never able to slay it, until recently. Its an interesting story how that happened.

It happened twice. The first time I defeated the Ur Dragon was during my Thanksgiving break. You may not know this but my brother is half a seer. His 7th sense told him that it was time to kill the Ur Dragon. When I entered the riffstone, the Ur Dragon was about to die. He only had one heart left. During that time, I was in the middle of training the mystic knight form. I was in afraid that someone would kill the Ur Dragon before me. In that form, that I hated I jumped the Ur Dragon.




Much to my deep Chagrin, I was also stuck with just Pride. I was training my pawn and myself. Thus, I was not hiring any internet pawns to maximize leveling up. Thus, with just two, I tamed the Ur Dragon. The prices for the beast was amassing. I got a mask and the Abyssmal armor. I also got the Escalon, a shield, two staffs and a Heaven's key. In the past, I had gotten the staffs and the Heaven's Key. Those were the prices for contributing to the cause. However, that day was the first time I delivered the final blow.

Dragon's Dogma, the Ur Dragon, Ur Dragon

I sorta felt that I had stolen the fight. So many Arisens had contributed to felling the beast. Then here comes Kida Nina and delivers the killing blow. Well, there is a half hour grace period after the first final blow is delivered. Later, they let others have a chance at killing the beast for a half an hour. It was funny the levels of those who had given the final blow that day. I was the lowest Level Arisen to give a killing blow to the Ur Dragon. My darling Kida Nina was in level 97. The other guys were between level 140 and level infinite.

Now, who is top Arisen!? Relativity wise, my Kida Nina is much better trained than the internet folks. I am among the lowest level Arisens to defeat this Ur Dragon. The second time around was yesterday. I too am half a seer. Around 9 PM I had a hunch that it was time to slay the Ur Dragon. When I got him, it was during one of those worse scenario gigs.

According to the internet, the Ur Dragon is harder to defeat when his life bar is almost gone and he has a few hearts remaining. To make matters worse, the hearts remaining were the frontal legs. He uses those hands often to cast magic, step on you or grab you. This time I had hired some pawns. They were helping me in the Cockatrice mission. I forget what were their names. I had just started to play with them recently. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find pawns between levels 100 and 109? Anyhow, I had a ranger and a mage.

Ur Dragon Battle, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon's Dogma wallpaper

That day, I was in my warrior form. Pride was playing sorceress. By now, I was strong enough to preserve HP without the aid of a healer. So, yeah. The Ur Dragon was quite problematic. He kept grabbing me and squashing me. Plus, due to my Arisen's low level, his magic did a lot of damage to Kida. Thus, I had to move around a lot. With a lot of effort I managed to break the Ur Dragon's second to last hearts.

In round 2, I managed to deliver the killing blow. I got all my equipment to dragonforge level. My prize was a new mask, a second set of Abyssmal armor, a new staff and a new Heavy weapon for the Warrior form. It was a round something whose starter strength was the number of the beast. Yeah, those prizes were pretty peachy.

Well, that is it for the Ur Dragon. I gave Pride my Dragonforged Abyssmal armor. She is now fighting as a sorceress. She recently learned speed cast. Plus, she knows all her magic ups. Her magic is stronger than my regular morning strength. It would be nice if you hired my pawn.

Arisen's Bond, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon's Dogma ring

Other than a few misadventures here and there, I used the money I got from selling the wakestones of the Ur Dragon to finance a mass production of Arisen's Bond. I gave a lot of them to people I ran into in the street. I even managed to sneak into the palace to give an Arisen's bong to the Duchess.

Speaking of Sneaking into the castle, I actually managed to empty out the vault. The trick is to enter at sunset via the sewer. The sewer entrance leads to the Dungeon. The Dungeon is the closet area to the King's vault. It took 5 jail times to time it well. The trick is that you have to hurry it up. The Assassin's form is perfect for this mission. Via stealth you can hurry up to the vault.

Before entering the vault, you must wait for the shift change. As soon as the first guard moves to his bedroom, you must rush inside the vault. It is important to know what you want. In three trips, I got the cape, the money, the armor, the Golden Bastard and the merits Badge. Its a good thing that the wyrmking's ring carried over from my first file. Oh, I forgot to mention one last thing. The Ferrystones are useful for making a grand escape. It saves you the trouble of walking out of the castle with the Duke's treasure.

Dragon's Dogma picture, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon's Dogma prison

After the cockatrice mission, the king went and rewarded me. I was a bit curious to see how he would react to the stolen goods. Its a good thing the items, by then, had gotten reshuffled. For my perfect performance, the king let me take everything inside the vault. Too bad there was nothing left for me to take.

I was glad to have obtained the fancy coat. It was everything that the internet had promised. I felt safe and assured that the Duchess was going to be mine. However, something happened. The guy that got kidnapped by the dragon was the forgery merchant. I heard from the internet that he is the guy that Grigori takes most often. I am starting to think that Grigori kidnaps his romantic interest and not the Arisen's love. Can you imagine? Grigori the yaoi dragon. Hahahaha!!

Dragon's Dogma wallpaper, Dragon's Dogma Duchess,Dragon's Dogma

Many male Arisens in the internet, have found out a little too late that they were yaoi. That is one major bummer about the game. It seems that the one whom you talk to the most becomes your romantic interest. The pity was that I thought that Kida had bagged the Ducchess. What a pain...

Well, last I played, I was rescuing the Duchess. The second time around my armor was light enough for me to carry the Duchess. It is a real bummer that the game did not account for the possibility that the Arisen would be smaller than the Duchess (and a chick for that matter). She acts lovy dovy regardless of the Arisen's gender. It is one super, duper, mega bummer.  Well, I got nothing else to say about Dragon's Dogma. I am looking forward to exploring the Everfall and defeating the other elemental Dragons. Truly, Dragon's Dogma is much better, the second time around. 5 stars for Dragon's Dogma.

Dragon's Dogma wallpaper, Dragon's Dogma Duchess,Dragon's Dogma

Related

Ur Dragon 8098242924570038878

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item