Ronnie James Dio 5 Stars worthy Rock Songs

My Favorite Songs by the Singer Ronnie James Dio I have already written a generic blog introducing Ronnie James Dio to you chibis. I...

Ronnie James Dio, Dio,Holy Diver


My Favorite Songs by the Singer Ronnie James Dio

I have already written a generic blog introducing Ronnie James Dio to you chibis. I am not planning on repeat myself.  That point aside I want to bring some attention to my favorite songs by Dio. The first one worth mentioning is Holy Diver. Holy Diver is Dio's most infamous song. With that song, Dio got everything right, from the lyrics to the electric guitar. I first heard Holy Diver in FUSE. They were featuring a music video of this song. However, it was being sung by Killswitch Engage.

I later on got to hear the genuine article in Guitar Hero 80s edition. I fell in love with the song the second time I heard it. I also liked it because it was the first Guitar Hero song I ever won. Now, for the song itself. Its about this random barbarian who stumbled into a ruined Catholic church. There instead of discovering God, he found the Devil.




Well, that imagery has more to do with the music video, than the actual lyrics of the song. My favorite line is "Between the velvet lies, there is a truth that's hard as steel...". As for the guitar solo, it is truly something else. I am nostalgic for the old days. Since the 80s, they hardy made any rock music worth listening to. There are some noted exceptions here, and there. In any case, Holy Diver by Dio deserves 5 stars rating.

Ronnie James Dio, Rainbow in the Dark,Dio

The next song that I like is Rainbow in the Dark. The music video is a bit odd. For most of the time, Dio is following around a blue collard worker. Putting the odd, low quality music video aside, the song itself is awesome. The lyrics of this one make a bit more sense, than your usual Dio rock songs. Its basically about being left alone.

My favorite lines are "There is no sight of the morning coming, you've been left on your own... Like a Rainbow in the Dark". That song is imbued with a sentiment that we are all familiar with. We all feel lonely and abandoned from time to time. The guitar ,in general, goes well with the whole bulk of the song. I think that is everything worth mentioning about the Rainbow in the Dark song. It does deserve 5 stars rating.


The Don't Talk to Strangers is another one of those odd, rock songs with obscure lyrics. Overall, this song is built around the advice we got as children from our parents. You remember, how mama and daddy used to tell us not to talk to strangers? They were never clear on the whys. After all, how do you explain to a little kid the complicated concept of kidnapping. On that grim note, lets move onto the song.

The intro is quite sweet and lovely. It starts off with the ancient old saying. You know that strangers are only there to do you harm. From then on, Dio builds up the rest of the song.  Once the intro gets into the part about women, the song really begins. The song goes from being dreamy and childlike into some serious rock. For its lovely transitions and the solo, Don't Talk to Strangers deserves 5 stars rating.

The Sacred Heart song is a unique song, in it of itself. The song has a dream like quality about it. It describes a lot of odd sounds and dreams. "Whenever you dream you are holding the key, it opens the door to let you bee free, and find the sacred heart." That is the general theme of the song, in a nutshell.

Black Sabbath,dio,ronnie james dio

From time to time, the song rants about other dreamy beings like dragons and wizards. Since its birth, Rock has been imbued in the mysticism. As such, Dio mentions the two most iconographic beings in classical rock: The Dragon and the Wizard. As for me, I like this song for its dreamy qualities. The guitar is so so. That point aside, Dio's Sacred Heart is 5 stars worthy.

The second to last song that I like is The Gates of Babylon. Dio sang this song back when he was with the Rainbow band. Overall, this rock song seems straight out of the Arabian Nights. The guitar uses a lot of arabesque melodies. Putting the metaphors aside, the song is about a guy asking a girl to sleep with him. He wants her to open her Gates of Babylon.

He compares the pleasures they will experience to the ancient powers of the Ginies. He says he holds the keys to open her gate. Putting these lyrics aside, what I like best is the odd guitar. I was never too into Arabic music. However, Rainbow's take on that style of music worked pretty well. Truly, the Gates of Babylon is a 5 stars worthy, long as sin, rock song.

Ronnie James Dio, dio,holy diver

The last song worthy mentioning is Rock n' Roll Children. I watched the music video of this rock song as well. Both do work well together. Its about a couple of teens who ran away from home. They left to become rockers. One day, the guy sold their guitar to buy the uniform for a job. To his lover girl, this seemed to her that he had "sold out".

While arguing a storm came and they took refuge in an abandon store. From then on, the song begins. In the music video, Dio acts one of those crazy old seers. Using his crystal ball, he is looking into the memories of the kids while singing. Frankly, aside from Holy Diver, this is my favorite song by Dio. Truly, Rock n' roll Children deserves 5 stars rating. I hope that you liked these recommended songs.

Holy Diver, Ronnie James Dio, Dio

Related

wizard 1510843322866330772

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item