System of a Down Hypnotize Song Review

Hypnotize lyrics by System of a Down  Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen square? Was Fashion the reason why t...


SOAD,Hypnotize,wallpaper



Hypnotize lyrics by System of a Down 

Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen square?
Was Fashion the reason why they were there?

They disguise it, Hypnotize it
Television made you buy it

I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my...

She's scared that I will take her away from there
Her dreams and her country, left with no one there

Mezmerize the simple minded
Propaganda leaves us blinded

I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my girl
I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my girl

I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my girl
I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my

Girl



SOAD,Hypnotize,album


Hypnotize Song Meaning and Review 

The next song that I am going to dissect is one from System of a Down. This song is part of their double album “Mesmerize/Hypnotize”. Both words are interchangeable. The song is sung by the vocalist Daron Malakian, who handles the high notes. The guitarist Serj Tankian takes care of the low notes. Together, they make quite the harmonious combination. The guitar itself is flawless as usual. Despite being heavy metal, the guitar works does not make your ears bleed. I think that even rock fans or regular folks might enjoy this song. Overall, it has a psychedelic feel about it. Whatever that means…  

Well, the song begins by telling the listener to question some random kids at Tiananmen Square. This refers to the infamous photo of a boy standing up to a Chinese tank. No one knows the identity of that young boy. I suppose the Chinese government is to blame for his disappearance. Plus, there were many other protests in that place. Here System of a Down puts into question the motives of the protestors.  The speaker seems to imply that they were protesting because it was the fashion of the day. 


SOAD,Hypnotize,Mezmerize

Later, the chorus changes the scenery of the song. It seems that the speaker was listening to the news on the radio. He was thinking about the protests in China while he waited for his girlfriend.  Later on, the song moves to the riff and the choir. “They Disguise it, ect.”  lines refers to commercials. However, considering the introduction, it seems that what they are selling you are the American values.  Even this belief system, is subject to commercialization and exportation to other countries. Following, the speaker starts thinking about his girl again. 

His girlfriend is afraid of being taken from her illusory world. She enjoys too much the happy world created by propaganda.  Her dreams and the people she lives with are also bounded by the same spell.  The next lines are simple enough.  Propagandas hypnotize or mesmerize the simple minded.  There is no surprise there. It seems even his lover is also trapped by the same system of control. The last lines are just a return to waiting for the girl. Overall, this song works pretty well. It even makes protesting for your rights part of the same system of control. Kinda spooky if you think about, then again, you won’t think about it. Anyhow, Hypnotize deserves 5 star rating. Muse Heart recommends this song to all the simple minded rockers who wish to awaken!!

Download:
http://museh.com/system-mesmerize-hypnotize/

SOAD,Serj,Tankian
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
Game advertisements by <a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com" target="_blank">Game Advertising Online</a> require iframes.
.

Related

wallpaper 5626412229928131756

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

Archive

item