Dark Souls 1 and 2 Expansion Reviews

dark souls 1,dark souls game,game review


Dark Souls 1 Expansion

A few months ago, I played the Dark Souls 1 Expansion. It was the expansion with Manus. I played it on my archer file. She was great with her Uchigatana, back when that meant something. I always hated how they messed with the status effects in the second part.

Since it was a later expansion pack, there were hardly any helpers. I did get invaded on a regular basis. The first guy I fought was a chimera. I thought he was really cool boss. After killing the guy, I spoke with this mushroom who told me to save a princess. I thought the entire scene was taken from super Mario.

From then on, I was in this forest. I got lost and ended up fighting a dragon. From there, I made it to Astorias the Abysswalker. The guy was really hard. You had to dodge a lot. I was finally able to kill him with the help of one online helper. From there, the place got creepier.




dark souls 1,dark souls wallpaper,anime wallpaper


The place was messed up because the humans kept eating humanities. At the center of the void, there was Manus and the original humans. Those odd ghost people had children. They were the first children I ever saw in Dark Souls. In essence, the Darkness was making humans return to their original form.

In the Darkness, I stopped getting invaded. It seemed as if all the online players could not make it so far. Manus was really strong. Contrary to logic, you had to stay near him to kill him. If you kept your distance his affinity overkilled you. Thankfully, I had the black armor. This armor had a lot of magic defense. Not that it mattered since I had no Dark Defense.

It took a lot of training to wear the black armor with ease. I also started using my katana with two hands. This doubled the bleeding effect. It was certainly a useful ability to kill Manus. Anyhow, I rescued the princess and it was a lot of fun. There were no good armors to be found there. The best one was still the black armor.

shrine of anama,malfenito,dark souls 2 comic


When you fully improve it, it is stronger than fatty’s armor. I never got skinny’s armor. It was a real shame. I remember one time I was going to slay them when I got attacked by the Dark Souls Police. In my last file, I was a real jerk. I used to get indicted on a daily basis. I was most of the time in the cat Covenant.  It was really fun.

Anyhow, fighting online people helped improve my skills. This last file was my chance to kill Lord Gwyn for the first time. I had never defeated him before. My bro was always the one who killed him. Long story short, I was able to kill him with the help of a priest.

Dark Souls is so much interesting with online helpers. So yeah, the expansion pack is worth it. The boss battles are great. I was a bit annoyed that Astoria took credit for my kill. All was part of Manus’ evil plan to turn into a hot blonde chick. Either that or Manus wanted to screw the Dusk Princess. Either way, the expansion pack was pretty interesting.

shandra,dark souls 2,game review


Dark Souls 2 Expansion

Despite not being my favorite Dark Souls, the expansion packs were not half bad. The first one was the one in a creepy fortress. The crown was guarded by a dragon. The path to it was hard because it got there in new game plus. I was in level 255 and I was still being defeated. The only thing that kept me alive was my Dark Magic.

Much to my dismay, the first real boss was a Dark Summoner of sorts. She was guarding the entrance to the dragon. The dragon was really hard, even with online helpers. My dark magic had a range issue. I then decided to try regular magic. I had some strong spells here and there.

I had to fight the dragon like 50 times. Eventually, I got online helpers that survived the battle. All you need to win most battles are good diversions.  After all, the battle is not won if the leader of the world dies.  After defeating the dragon, I got the crown of the sunken king.

dark souls 2 game,dark souls review,anime wallpaper


I also defeated the special trio of bosses. You needed 3 online player s to help you win. The AI helpers were no help at all. I managed to win by a glitch. I was in an odd corner and the guy with the hammer was not able to be at eye level with me.

Some time passed and 2 other expansion packs came out. The one I played afterwards were the crowns of the Ivory and Iron King. I got the Ivory crown first. The Ivory world was covered with ice. I could hardly see a thing. I fought often the ice tiger. It was fun to help other online players win.

When I fought the beast, I fought as mage. I got used to dodging him a lot. When I started losing a lot, I used a lord’s vessel to become a warrior. I then became a mage again and a warrior. It was a real pain. The final guy of the Ivory King was a tad too strong.

dark souls anime,anime wallpaper,anime halloween


I did manage to get all the computer helpers to close the chaos gates. The funny thing was the way I killed the SOB. At a certain point, he stopped moving all together. My online helpers were quite baffled. According to them, this had never happened before.

In any event, I got the Ivory crown rather easily. The way I was fighting the guy was rather stupid. I struck him with my dragon sword once and then ran away. I guess the moderator who was controlling the boss felt like giving me a freeby.

The next powerful boss was the Iron King. This iron king was harder to manage. Most of the online players were still in the Ivory King. As a result, there were no reliable helpers in the area. Most of the time, I spent it lost. The area was one huge tower. From the ground, there rose cool looking steam robots.

dark souls 1,game review,anime wallpaper


To top it off, there were some annoying pyromacer chicks and some giants. They made the battles almost impossible. Eventually, I weasel myself to the blue armor guy. The blue armor guy was a pain.  Getting to him was a nightmare. All my helpers kept getting killed by either the armors or the lightning guys.

The Iron crown I obtained from a black knight. He fought with a giant sword and a small saber. He was a tough nut to crack. An online player was very helpful. With the 3 crowns, then came the hard part. I had never defeated the King. I had to move my pecks around a lot to fight him.

I fought the guy as a warrior; with my two handed bleed Sword. I forget what the name of the sword was. I know it came with a Wind Scar and it capped with dexterity. The battle with the hollow King was epic. We were almost dead and I was running low on stamina.

priscilla the crossbreed,anime chibi,chibi girl


I struck him once, but I missed. I was at a dilemma. Heal with my Estus or try to strike the final blow. In a quick decision, I struck him down just as his giant blade was about to hit me. I killed him before he killed me. After getting his soul in the shrine of Anama, I went to meditate on his armor.

This brought me back in time to see the King. He told me the dark truth about his Shandra. He used the 3 crowns to cure my Dark Sign. While I wore the crown, I would not go hollow when I died. I would still lose all my souls. For a patchwork, it was not half bad. Overall, I liked better the expansion from Dark Souls 1.


The armors and weapons offered in this expansion were all pretty weak. The same could be said of the armors. In all respects, Dark Souls 2 was a medieval fashion show. The magics and hexes were cool looking, but as useless as the armors. They were nothing a true player would trust their life on.  

Related

story 8398041706296902978

Post a Comment

Be sure to join Animekida.com k.

emo-but-icon

HOT

item